Sunday, July 20, 2014

Godzilla First Impressions

First I'd like to start off by saying that to me, first impressions are meant to be short quick thoughts. Basically a couple paragraphs explaining what you thought about something is good enough. If it starts looking like an essay, then you should probably stop. I had to take my own advice when making this because it ended up becoming a long rant. Because I still want to post my rant with my grade of the movie, I’ll post this first reaction to Godzilla. Here you go:
For me, it was too long especially since Godzilla appears for basically less than 15 minutes altogether. I hated how the main character was Aaron Taylor Johnson (terrible character) when in the trailers, they clearly make Bryan Cranston appear to be the main guy. It was a human-centric movie that began to get more complicated and convoluted when it really didn’t have to. There were too many plot holes and inconsistencies regarding actions humans do and say. Rent it first before blind-buying it, otherwise, you’ll be very disappointed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment