Saturday, October 11, 2014

So Little Time...

It's tough juggling life when attending college full-time. Most, if not almost all, of my free time has been dedicated to just working on homework and studying. Therefore, I must apologize for not spending as much time on this.
I can assure you that even though I may not be posting about movies, I really do in fact love them. Just recently (basically today), I saw David Fincher’s Gone Girl. Before that, I had gone to Target to purchase the blu-ray steelbook release of Edge of Tomorrow (or Live. Die. Repeat. Or whatever they’ll change it to next). I had begun to waver in my decision to continue to collect blu-rays. Once I finally opened it, I knew I could not stop. I have so much fun buying movies I enjoy and know I will watch again.
Back to Gone Girl, I am basically a David Fincher fanboy. I’m also a fanboy to other directors, but I’ll stick to talking about Fincher for right now. (Also, what is a fanboy?) Up to the release for the movie, I was worried we would not get a “solid” Fincher movie. From all the trailers I saw, it did not seem to fit the style Fincher had developed after all these years. I can assure you that he did not disappoint. At first, it does not even seem like a Fincher film. I swear, in the beginning, I thought it would end up being some average mystery movie where the story would never eventually develop. Thankfully, I was incredibly wrong…I’m noticing this is turning into a review…I didn’t mean to do that. I’ll end my thoughts on Gone Girl here until I post a short review about it.
Anyways, because Gone Girl dispelled all this worry I had about it, I am even more in love with film. I also feel that it’s a good movie to start the Oscar season with especially with October being stacked with some big Oscar players. It’s also almost inspired me to kind of want to write a screenplay or a book of my own. I know it takes a lot of work, but I just feel like that aspect, be it literature or film, would be a lot of fun. Therefore, I think it would be wise for me to continue on with this blog since I really like talking (or typing, but whatever) about how movies impact me. Since I am a full-time student, this might even give me more incentive to work even harder in school than I already am since I am now going to dedicate a portion of my time to this blog.
I promise you, I am not done and I will not quit. Good luck my friends. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment